As a third step in my pursuit of getting medical students from all over the world closer together to exchange experiences and expertise, get the new talented medical student bloggers the publicity they deserve, and most importantly to make our voices reach infinity and beyond! I decided to start a series of posts (called carnivals these days), with links to the new and outstanding articles that have been published by medical students in the past week or two.
In the beginning its going to be a solo effort. I will try my best to include only the best written, most thoughtful, and most helpful articles. That said, I tried very hard lately to subscribe and add as many medical student blogs to my Feed Reader as I can. I'm glad to announce that I keep track of more than a 100 medical student blogs, and so forth, my selection will be from these.
Without further delay, lets get to this weeks edition of the "Medical Student Carnival"!
Among all the amazing medical student blogs out there, two blogs in particular stood out among all the others in the last couple of weeks. Namely, Medical Student Musings by The Lone Coyote and Over My Med Body! by Graham, so lets start with these.
- The Lone Coyote from Medical Student Musings blogged about her struggle choosing what specialty she wanted to go into. After that, she described the diversity and different perspectives that medical and regular people have of medical fields. Then she gave future 4th year medical students a couple of words of advise on what to do about choosing their specialty.
- Graham from Over My Med Body! wrote about whether medical students should mention on their residency applications that they are bloggers or not. In another interesting post, he gave his path and advice to pre-meds on how to get into medical school (part one) and (part two).
- 22 Must See Diagnostic Images for all Medical Student. Indulge in the Fascinating World of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine posted
- Can Med Students save the world? read what Kendra from The Island Med Student blog has to say about that.
- MedStudentGod from Creating the God Complex gave his thoughts on: If you go back in time will you choose medicine again?
- nosugrefneb from /weblog wrote about How guns should be banned and reminds us of devastating incidents where college students where killed by gun-shoots.
- Bertalan Mesko from Scienceroll was this weeks guest on the Dr. Anonymous Radio Show. He is the first medical student to be invited to the show, by the way.
- CCLCM Student from CCLCM Student Blog wrote: "If I Can't Be a Doctor, At Least I Can Try to Act Like One" explaining an experience he had with a standardized patient at his school.
- Half MD from Halfmd.com wrote about an unbelievable thing he saw one day (check it out for your self!)
- Arsenic at Alex Playing Doctor shared his First Code experience with us.
If you wish to submit a post for the next edition please send me a link at prep4md(at)gmail(dot)com