First of all, In the name of all medical student bloggers, I would like to congratulate our fellow bloggers who Matched this year; secured a position in a residency program in the US. Namely, Graham at Over My Med Body, Lone Coyote at Medical Student Musings, and MedicalStudentgod at Creating the god Complex. Best wishes to all of them.Now, to this weeks edition of the Medical Student Carnival.
Posts by Medical Student Bloggers (in no particular order)
- Med Student god from Creating the god Complex wrote on Letters of Recommendation (LORs), Dean's Letters (aka MSPEs), and Residency Interviews.
- Tomography from Indulge in the Fascinating World of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine wrote about fMRI and scientists claim to have figured out a way to predict the image that their subject is looking at.
- Arsenic from Alex Playing Doctor wrote about his experience Suturing in medical school.
- Beach bum from Anatomy on The Beach wrote about "The Art of Medicine".
- Vitum from Vitum Medicinus wrote how he would use the word "Collegial" to describe medical school.
- Anonymous at Half MD wrote You won't believe the stuff I saw today (schizophrenic woman) he wrote an other thoughtful post titled The Fake Doctors. Note: if you are a psychiatrist, Do Not read it!
- Anna Burkhead at The Differential,wrote What Makes a Bad Medical Student?
- Bertalan Mesko from Scienceroll wrote about Dangers of Web 2.0 in medicine, another article of his that I read and liked was 10 tips on how to acquire a disease!
- Graham from Over My Med Body started a series of articles Titled: "Health Care's Broke", here are two samples: Direct To Consumer Advertising - Shift Work
- The Evil Resident wrote "While I don't actually think that all of HIPAA is a steaming pile of lawyers' *&^% that makes physicians' jobs even harder than it already is..." You Got to Check it out!
- Frylime from A Quasi-Medical Autobiography, as a medical student, blogged about her experience in a Psychiatry Rotation.
- Clinton from Not My Second Opinion wrote about Sleep Hygiene
- Zac from Agraphia: Ravings of A Med Student, wrote about Feeling Like a Doctor for the First Time and Shadowing.
- Avaron over at Scrub Notes wrote Why Incentives Matter (Even For Physicians).
- (Caution!!! Disturbing Photos)
Posts by Non-Medical Students:
-From Clinical Cases and Images:
- HIPAA rules.
- NPR: Doctor Blogs Raise Concerns About Patient Privacy
- Can you trust blog? 10 question for medical bloggers
-From White Coat Underground:
Radiology Picture of the Day:
- Direct Blow to the Left Orbit during a motor vehicle accident
- Young patient collapsed secondary to drug overdose (Extensive Cerebral Edema)
- Two Aneurysms arising from Anterior Communicating Artery and ... (Multiple Cerebral Aneurysms)
-From NEJM: Green Urine
Things for students to think about:
-From Stuff White People Like: #17 Hating Their Parents
-From Edwinleap.com: Sex and College Life
-From YouTube: Gene pioneer Dr. J. Craig Venter gives the 32nd Richard Dimbleby Lecture
Thanks a lot for reading this weeks edition. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions please drop me a line and I'll reply as soon as I can. Feedback is highly appreciated.
If you would like to submit posts for the next edition of the Medical Student Carnival please send me a link at prep4md[at]gmail[dot]com. For information about previous and future editions of the carnival visit Medical Student Carnival. Till next time, take care!