Note: This is not a USMLE Step 1 review book list and these are not necessarily the best books on the market. They are books that are dear to my heart. Either because they are the most that I have learned from or they were outstandingly well written and put together. I have read 10s of other basic science books but I think I will remember these longer down the road.
- Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple (Medmaster)
- Review of Medical Physiology (Lange)
- High-Yield™ Behavioral Science (High-Yield™ Series)
- Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry (Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews Series)
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2009: A Student to Student Guide (First Aid Series)
- Snell's Clinical Anatomy
I have already published my USMLE Step 1 reviews books list and I published a list of links to the most helpful USMLE Step 1 exam experiences of those who scored 99.
What are your favorite basic science books?